Compassion is a skill that can be learned, practiced and cultivated. However it is not new.
Compassion has always been a essential component of major religions.
Pope Francis offers us simple compassionate advice on ‘how to be happy.’
- Live and let live
- Be giving of yourself to others
- Proceed calmly in life
- Have a healthy sense of leisure
- Sunday is for family
- Be “creative” with young people and find innovative ways to create dignified jobs
- Respect and take care of nature
- Stop being negative. Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy
- The worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes
- Work for peace. We are living in a time of many war. The call for peace must be shouted