In this 6-week Mindful Self-Compassion course you will learn some of principles and practices of mindful self-compassion, so you can better relate to and care for yourself, both physically and emotionally. The course material has been developed by the Centre for Mindful Self-Compassion, and draws directly from the evidence-based 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion course. Research has shown that these techniques can help improve our emotional well-being, improve our ability to cope with life’s challenges, lower levels of anxiety and depression, promote healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and lead to more satisfying personal relationships.
The course is a heartfelt, nurturing programme that uses meditations, group discussion, and experiential exercises, to explore the following themes:
- Treating ourselves with more kindness and self-compassion,
- How we can work skillfully and kindly with the often-harsh, inner critic,
- Motivate ourselves with compassion rather than criticism,
- Working with difficult emotions,
- Bringing compassion to ourselves and the people around us, and
- Connecting with our values and setting intentions, so we can live our lives with an increased sense of fulfillment and purpose.
Cultivating self-compassion in this way can fundamentally shift how we relate to ourselves. Instead of meeting our imperfections and challenges with self-blame and -criticism, we can bring a kind and mindful attention to our experiences (thoughts, emotions, and sensations) and a sense of love and care to ourselves, right in the midst of difficult situations. With practice, we can strengthen this inner quality of presence, connectedness, and kindness to improve emotional well-being and build resilience
- This class will be held on the web-based platform ZOOM.
- The teachers and participants will be live and visible at various times. There will be large group, small group and one-to-one interaction as you would expect in an in-person training
- No prior mindfulness or self-compassion experience is required — but many people who have completed the 8 week program find it a helpful refresher to take the six week program
Registered Clinical Counsellor
Certified MSC Teacher
Trained MSC Teacher