- This event has passed.
Mindful Self-Compassion 5 day Retreat Nanaimo
September 19, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Rapidly expanding research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional wellbeing, reduced anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and satisfying personal relationships.
Self-compassion can be learned by anyone. It’s a skill that provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves.
Through talks, exercises, meditation, discussion, poetry, and short films this program shows you how to:
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the science of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Teach self-compassion exercises to clients
This program is open to helping professionals and anyone wishing to bring more self-compassion into their life.